ALPINESTARS Tech Air STREET VEST
Tech-Air® is the world’s first self-contained street airbag system that independently functions without the need for sensors to be installed on the bike and the subsequent need to link a specific motorcycle to the airbag system used by the rider. This means that Tech- Air® offers the freedom to ride any bike on any surface at any time. Offering instantaneous, high-pressure inflatable protection Tech-Air® gives the rider comprehensive protection in a crash by covering the full back, shoulders, kidney areas and chest. The Tech-Air® street airbag is incorporated into a specially designed vest, which is then attached within and used in conjunction with a compatible jacket. For the initial airbag launch offering there are two jacket models available – the Valparaiso for Tech-Air® touring jacket and the Viper for Tech-Air®street jacket – allowing the Tech-Air® System to be used, interchangeably, in all weather conditions.
- The Tech-Air® Street System has been designed to be used in conjunction with airbag-compatible outer jackets
- Comprehensive inflatable upper body protection for back, shoulders, kidney area, chest and upper abdomen.
- Electronic sensors are securely and unobtrusively incorporated within the system's chassis, ( in the shoulder area ), meaning the vest is completely self-contained and allows it to be worn interchangeably between compatible jackets.
- Constructed from a strong and durable mesh main shell with stretch poly-fabric on shoulders and torso for a compact and secure fit that is close to the rider's body while allowing complete freedom of movement.
- Incorporates removable inner mesh and elastic Velcro® waistband to position airbag system to customize fit and improve adjustability.
- Full internal back linning constructed from 3D mesh for optimized levels of ventilation and breathability.
- The Airbag Control Unit ( ACU ) fo Tech-Air® is incorporated with a strong, lightweight polymer back protector, which features an ergonomic plate construction for structural strength and a fit to follow the natural contours of the back.
- Tech-Air® ACU is seal-protected within vest to ensure the all-weather performance and the vest and componentry are certified to function between -10⁰C and 50⁰C.
- Tech-Air® ACU includes two connector cables allowing the rider to quickly and easily connect to the outer jacket.
- ACU has been homologated to ECE R10 04 which ensures the electromagnetic integrity and stability of the unit.
- Tech-Air® uses an integrated, certified lithium ion battery, with a battery life of 25 hours and a recharge time of approximately 6 hours. Micro USB charger allows convenient recharging of system, with one hour of charging time giving four hours of riding coverage.
- Color coded front YKK zippers allow for vest to be easily and securely attached to outer jacket.
- Argon inflator cartridges will only fire if commanded by the electronic unit. It also certifies that the cartridges can be safely handled, assembled and transported.
- System's firmware is upgradable and external service recorrd will be managed by a custom-made data portal.
*Image for display purposes only*